Unquestionably, Snowguard was thought to be absolutely the worst card in all of Marvel Snap. Its location-affecting skills have been manner too clunky and ineffectual, making it a reasonably terrible card to play. With Snowguard getting rotated into the Spotlight Caches this season, it was crucial that Second Dinner make some essential modifications to it earlier than the group began lamenting having wasted their Caches on such a really, horrible card.
Effectively, Second Dinner was on the ball with this one, as Snowguard lastly will get a correct rework this patch. Listed below are all the card steadiness modifications:
- [Old] 1/3 – On Reveal: Discard a card out of your hand.
- [New] 1/3 – On Reveal: Discard the rightmost card out of your hand.
Developer Notice: A stable card in early discard methods, Blade has dropped off in each reputation and win share. As we examined weaker playing cards that might use a little bit love, we’d additionally been enthusiastic about methods we may give a little bit push to some discard synergy playing cards, like Hela, Ghost Rider, Swarm, and naturally Apocalypse. As a result of Blade is a card gamers purchase early on, a change carrying out each of those objectives wanted to be clear and easy, and we predict this matches the invoice. It may not be sufficient to breathe new life into the daywalker, however we like to seek out alternatives for small modifications with the potential to make some attention-grabbing waves.
- [Old] 1/1 – On Reveal: Draw a card. Ongoing: Enemy playing cards right here have -1 Energy.
- [New] 1/1 – Ongoing: Enemy playing cards right here have -1 Energy.
Developer Notice: It took gamers a couple of months to totally grasp the would possibly of Thanos, however since then he’s been a metagame mainstay with a number of stints on the prime of the heap. We love Thanos, however his mixture of flexibility and highly effective synergy enablers has confirmed to be a bit harmful over time. We determined we wished to shave a chunk of power out of the package, and determined to hit two birds with one stone by simplifying the one card within the package with two skills. We perceive this can be a bit ironic, contemplating the current modifications to Mystique and Rogue to repeat the Soul Stone’s draw impact, however oh effectively. Whereas a significant lack of Energy, we don’t anticipate Thanos to fall out of favor as soon as the mud settles.
- [Old] 2/2 – On Reveal: Remodel the highest-Price card in your opponent’s hand right into a Pig, maintaining its Energy and Price.
- [New] 2/2 – On Reveal: Remodel the leftmost card in your opponent’s hand right into a Pig, maintaining its Energy and Price.
Developer Notice: As we talked about within the OTA that adjusted Spider-Ham from 1/1 to 2/2, we weren’t pleased with how damaging his impact was to some of our cooler 6-Price playing cards, particularly Apocalypse. Nonetheless, we favored that Spider-Ham hit a stable candy spot of disruption with out totally denying you the cardboard, and even had some danger as a result of Destroyer and Infinaut. This alteration goals to retain these constructive parts with out making use of it completely to higher-Price playing cards, and in addition makes the impact lots simpler to mess around in the event you suspect Peter Porker may be paying you a go to. The set off will nonetheless hit 6-Price playing cards barely extra usually, since they’ll are inclined to migrate leftward in your hand as you wait to play them, however Apocalypse will safely disguise on the correct in the event you can maintain discarding him.
- [Old] 1/2 – Whereas in your hand, this transforms every flip right into a Hawk or a Bear.
- [Old] Hawk: 1/2 – On Reveal: Ignore all location skills subsequent flip.
- [Old] Bear: 1/2 – On Reveal: Set off the impact of this location.
- [New] 1/2 – On Reveal: Add the Hawk and Bear auroras to your hand.
- [New] Hawk: 2/3 – On Reveal: Ignore all location skills till the top of subsequent flip (or the sport).
- [New] Bear: 2/3 – On Reveal: Set off the impact of this location.
Developer Notice: It seems like each patch contains at the least one wacky, surprising card change lately, so right here’s one for right now! Snowguard has turned out to be a largely unsatisfying card for gamers, posting poor stats on each reputation and precise wins. Our objectives for Snowguard have been to create a novel software for Sizzling and Featured places that may additionally see some play in Conquest decks trying to shock the enemy, however we fell brief. In revising the design, we aimed to:
1. Make her stronger. Granting each the Hawk and the Bear is extra whole Energy on-curve, and reduces the variance round whether or not both is helpful.
2. Give her deckbuilding id. A couple of decks (and extra to return) already care about including materials from outdoors your beginning deck to your hand.
3. Cut back confusion. Outcomes weren’t matching instinct across the Hawk, so we prolonged the window to begin after it resolves. We additionally added textual content clarifying the impact received’t final by the top of the sport, even in the event you Hawk on the ultimate flip.
4. If doable, let her variants keep in play. Leaning into summoning as a substitute of reworking cleanly solved this.
- [Old] 4/5 – On Reveal: If the final card you performed has an On Reveal, copy its textual content. (if it’s in play)
- [Change] 4/5 -> 4/4
Developer Notice: What is that this, an OTA patch? After final week’s steadiness updates have been locked, however earlier than they went stay, we noticed an enormous surge within the power and recognition of decks primarily based on the Forge + Brood + Absorbing Man curve. We knew our modifications weakened different prime decks, and that the brand new child was already turning into a Massive Deal in ranked and Conquest. We’re usually pleased to let issues breathe for a minute when a brand new deck seems, however this case was distinctive as a result of it risked an particularly uninteresting metagame to let it experience till our subsequent OTA. We determined to make a change now, and we’ll consider it once more with the info gathered from the newest weekend post-OTA.
With the change to Snowguard, Marvel Snap gamers will now have much more management over which turns they wish to truly play out her location results. She’s actually not a strong card by any stretch of the creativeness, however this makes her playable on the very least and she or he ought to begin discovering a house in additional decks going ahead.
Along with the cardboard modifications, Marvel Snap now additionally has leaderboard rankings for Infinite gamers, and the Conquest UX expertise has been streamlined, reducing out a number of the additional screens and faucets in-between matches.
Marvel Snap is now obtainable on PC and cell units.